DIY TEMPORARY TATTOOS5:56 PM
Hello to all my sweet readers! Today I have for you the most easy/fun/beautiful summertime DIY I’ve ever done. So, this post is about the DIY Temporary Tattoos. With only two “ingredients” you will be able to have a mind-blowing result within five minutes. It’s for all of you who can’t get a real tattoo, or are a little indecisive on what and where to get a tattoo. So, let’s get started!
In this project I am focusing on the finger tattoos, but you can make them in any part of your body by following the exact same steps.
What you will need:
- A Liquid Eyeliner: I bought a cheep liquid eyeliner from H&M, but because I wanted the final look to be more summery, I got a dark gold shade instead of the plain black which is the most common permanent tattoo color. It will work with any color though.
- Baby Powder: This is the key to a long lasting temporary tattoo. It is optional if your eyeliner is waterproof and has a long lasting constitution, but if you want to be extra sure for its long lasting you should not skip this step.
First of all you want to wash you hands with soap and then with alcohol, to remove any bacteria and have a long lasting result.
When you are done, wait for it to dry, and then go and apply the baby powder. Make sure to leave it there for at least one minute.
Now you want to remove the baby powder. I took a make up brush I don’t use anymore, and I worked fine. Make sure you don’t leave the baby powder for more than ten or twenty minutes (depends on the brand), because it will leave a white powder on top on some parts of the tattoo.
And this is it! You are done. I went for a tribal design, an infinity sign, an anchor and the jinjang.
· My temporary finger tattoos lasted for tree to four days. Try to wash them with care and don’t be harsh.
· If you want them to last a bit more, after you have removed the baby powder, add some liquid bandage or hairspray.
· Feel free to play with colors and designs.
After I did those tattoos, I went to a party, and the photographer noticed them and took a photo! So, the success it 100% guarantied.
Share your recreations with me at #missunderstoodstyle so that I can see and like them.