In Personal

Why I don't want things to go back to normal

“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily”. A cliché at first, but little did we know that John C. Maxwell would identify with our everyday life during 2020. The majority of people- that we see across social media, as it’s the only way to connect with them under the lockdown- are constantly saying how much they want all this to be over. Besides all the hype, there are some things that I got to learn and to enjoy more, so here are my reasons on why I don’t things to go back to normal.

Time for myself

The number one, not only me but I’m sure that everyone during the lockdown has being doing, is dedicating a lot of time to myself. After years, I finally did a complete face treatment, something that I wanted to do for a long time. I also tried to make more researched meals and to try new flavors, without caring about the amount of time I’m spending on it. And of course, I myself started working out at home, trying new styles and exercises that I never had before.

Connecting with people more

Yes, we are isolated and yes, we should avoid social contact but who said that we should be physical in order to have fun? Video-calls became my weekend nightout and my phone is the extension of myself. A bit sad when you hear it at first, but when we use technology in our advantage, all this alienation between us smoothens out significantly. What I really like to see is that people now spend more time on talking about details that you never knew existed. Also, you can now see who are those who really matter and are worth being in your life and that's a very good reason why I don't want things to go back to normal.

Increased productivity

I belong to the lucky ones that I can continue working at home. Meaning, my mornings and late evening sometimes are covered in activities for at least the five days of the week (I still appreciate the weekends). Setting my home office, I now have time to take essential breaks of 10’ and then going back to being more productive. Without having to commute, I can spend those hours on work, reaching deadlines easier and without stressing. Communication with my team also became better, something that directly reflects on the quality of our overall performance.  

Exploring new things

Part of me doesn't want things to go back to normal because when you have nothing to do, you get to try new ideas and things that will keep you busy and make you have a good time. In my case was retrieving old habits and hobbies that were forgotten. This post is the perfect example of me going back to writing. I had so long that I wasn’t posting in the “personal” section of my blog or that I had neglected some of my on-going projects. Not only that, but I also got to explore new interests such as drawing.

I don’t want to sound like I’m not daily affected and that I wish we continue in this lifestyle but we need to keep being positive. I still think on my first drink outdoors. Don’t get me wrong, I feel the pressure myself. Especially in the beginning my “fear”, if I can call it like that, was the fact that I wasn’t able to be free. Meaning, I felt trapped and I now couldn’t leave to another city, I couldn’t go visit my loved ones and I couldn’t travel. It’s still the only reason that makes me sometimes sad but on the other side have you thought about all the things you now get to enjoy more?

Let me know in comments how is your quarantine going and what are those things you enjoy doing now?

Follow me on instagram @missunderstoodstyle

XOXO

Related Articles

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand you. I have been more creative but I miss my Dad so much .
    New article on my website :
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/05/femmeluxefinery-red-belted-bodycon-midi.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post, I like this:)

    http://sosihappylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand where you are coming from. This is such a scary and uncertain time and yet on a personal level, I am thriving. It has been a blessing to be able to tackle long put off projects, to catch up on sleep, to connect to people differently, and to establish a really wonderful workout routine. It will be difficult for me to re-adjust to life as it was.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hello there and greetings from Tropika Club Magazine.

    Tropika Club Magazine is your leading online magazine for the discerning male and female Singaporean. We cover various topics of interest, ranging from beauty and vogue for her, and grooming and style for him, as well as city and destinations and top picks. To learn about Tropika Club's Search Directory for Beauty and Wellness Services, please click on this link

    Check out some of our articles below as our contribution to your blog roll:

    1.9 Best Virtual Workouts for the Circuit Breaker

    2.Top 10 Best Scar Removal Creams in Singapore

    3.Top 10 Best Lip Gloss in Singapore

    4.Top 10 Best Vitamin C Serum in Singapore

    5.Top 10 Best CC Cream in Singapore"

    ReplyDelete

MissUnderstood Style. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram